Wednesday, May 28, 2008

[My] TeamTam0708: Friendship with a Purpose

Leading Tamaraw Volunteers is no mean feat especially because the organization so to speak exists as one of the most active & dynamic student organizations at FEU these days. This could have been for the reason that the organization founded in 2002 is just really acting on its credo of empowering the youth and enabling people to be positive contributors of the society. Nevertheless, heading FEU TAMVOL has been a fulfilling mission mainly attributable to the people we call the TeamTam, the FEU TAMVOL Executive Board.

Team TAMVOL 2007-2008: Soaring Higher, Serving Better

Let me take this as a special way to thank them. :)
___________________________

John Arvin Molintas - Arvin is more than a friend to me. He is a sib. Everybody admires his ability to share his didactic life stories & personal experiences. That for me made him an efficient VP. Though he may not be always present during meetings because of his demanding academic life, his role in TAMVOL could never be underestimated. I witnessed him grow from being the Children & Youth Development Chamber Director during Ilo's term to a seasoned FEU student leader who vocally attributes his growth to the org. If there was one thing that I admire about him, it is his capacity to speak his emotions. We share a lot of common, that maybe could explain why we were fit to be called 'halamang dagat' [he coined it]. Ka-tamfam, ka-ponkan, ka-sandigan, kapatid. That's my Jam.

___________________________
Rendley Alincastre - I honestly couldn't believe that Ren would turn out as a good friend. Dati, nakakasalubong ko lang siya sa third floor ng AB. Nerdy, nerdy. Tahimik. Parang lumilipad pag naglalakad. Ren & I had a share of good moments together. He was once a sleep-over buddy [Tony, Jane, RA, included]. I would remember we would sleep late playing games in his lappy. Isa sa mga taong nagturo sa 'kin ng basics ng Dota. As a volunteer, his love for the children is noteworthy. Certified Kuya [pwede ding Tatay!]. As my VP, he was ever present, just behind me whenever I needed assistance. Aside sa TAMVOL, Ren is the No. 1 Shy-Shy fan. Photographer pro in the making. Altruist EIC din. :) That's Ren, my VP.

___________________________
Nona Ianne Grace Palima - I'm sure she'll react upon reading the name. She just hates the name Nona, while I love including that as an address term. I consider Ianne my sidekick. It was her, to whom I would open up things related to the organization. Maybe because we share the same ride back home. Or more than that. Despite her seemingly strong personality, I found her accomodating. If I was the Tatay ng TAMVOL, she was the Nanay. Her role to the org went beyond documenting meetings and events, she was an ear to my concerns and even sentiments. She is an ideal girl not only to Dino but to the many, kaya habulin ng nakaraan. Haha. It is no denying that she was fit to the post. Once a stranger, now a friend worth treasuring. That's Ianne. :)

First TAMVOL Meeting: SY 2007-2008

___________________________
Anthony Ramos - I don't know how to start describing Tony. It could have been for the reason that this guy possesses multiple personality disorder. Haha. Yeah, isang taong may MPD na naging special na sa 'kin. Many times, I would get irritated to his jokes & ka-epalan. But that's the superficial him. What lies beneath is a guy, just like anybody else, who is capable of being appreciated. His industry is most admirable: one reason why I resorted to choosing him to run for IASSC. Though I really wanted him to focus sa TAMVOL, I know he will still be working as an effective VP. I remember he would mimic my phonetics, and write down things which I would say. Partner sa overnight sessions, UAAP games, badminton/volleyball, dorm-mate. That's my one & only Toni.

___________________________
Brigida Jane Tolentino - Bjane was once our bunso sa TAMVOL. Parang si Tony, her industry is impressive. She just proved that "Nursing students could not be an effective and dedicated leader" is a myth. Certified TAMVOL having started young in the org. The oldest if I may say so in TeamTam0708. Just like anybody else, she has her own sensitivities, which I appreciate most being his Kuya. Malambing na bata. At times, I see myself in her reflection. Jane will always be my younger sister.

___________________________
Rose Anne Guillermo - R.A. & I were batchmates in the IAS Student Council. Having seen her dedication as a leader, I was inspired to encourage her to join TeamTam, a decision which I never ever regreted. She is more than a friend to me. She's also a sib. We had a share of good and bad moments together, one thing that surely made our friendship stronger. Hers is a personality that is most inspiring & accomodating. Ka-IASSC, ka-tamfam, ka-ponkan. That's my Cuki.


Second TAMVOL Meeting: SY 2007-2008

___________________________
Author's Note: This post is of course inspired by *Chumie* RA's multiply blog entry. Chamber directors and committee heads, to follow :)

No comments: