Friday, May 16, 2008

FEUCSO Treasurer-Elect Leaves SAMASA

"Gd mrning sandigan! Hav a great sat! Gdbles!"

The above SMS woke my senses up in this cold Saturday morning, as it did not actually come from a Sandigan friend. Surprisingly enough, it came from Vincent Carillo, who is the incumbent Treasurer of the FEU Central Student Organization [FEUCSO] who ran under SAMASA Party in the previous University Elections.

Okay, okay. I know I should not be that surprised as, upon hearing the news that broke yesterday, I immediately sent SMS of expected inquiries to friend Weber Amores, FEUCSO President [who told me the news] and Vince himself.

Below was Vince [photo in the right] and I's line of conversation:

John: Hi Vince!
Vince: Cnu po to?
John: It's Kuya Jap, Sandigan Vice-Chair. How are you?
Vince: Hi poh...d pa po yta kta nkkta kya d po kta kla2... Alam kung alam u nah po kung anung ngyari
John: I'm a familiar face in cmpus. :) Just want to know the reason behind ur decision.
Vince: I chose sandgan 4 my last yr n college. personal reasons. yup, sandigan na po q. i hope i-welcome po aq. [note: not exact words for i had erased the message in my phone]
John: I think i wud hav to welcome u. Welcome to our family, Vince!
Vince: Thank u...its my pleasure...
Vince: Hi 2 my new family...


FEUCSO 2008-2008: Pseudo-Straight Sandigan?


With that flow of talk, I was able to initially confirm that the rumor was no rumor. At this point, what I want to do is to talk with him personally which I deem most appropriate. When I asked whether he has already talked with Samasa, he replied: "Opo, na-settle q n po lahat".

Meanwhile, before I even talked with Vince [via SMS], I asked Web if he invited him [Vince] to join us in the Party. He told me that it started as a joke. I offered it to him then he took it personally tapos ayun na, he added.
________________________________________________________________

Whether this is true or just an anomaly, I honestly could not tell at the moment. If it was true, this would obviously speak something about the two existing political organizations at FEU. How could a FEUCSO officer-elect leave behind the party which more or less contributed to his present post? Why does a leader's loyalty become questionable and shaky? Why did he opt to pursue such a decision?

I will let you think the answers for the above questions. You know I would be biased. :)

To Vincent Carillo, I know I have said you this already, WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY, the home of servant leaders and achievers.
At the end of the day, you would know that political affiliation does not really matter. Pure heart of service & will to actualize your vision for a better FEU, DO!
Team FEUCSO, God Bless!

No comments: