Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TOSP NCR 2008: On Formation Thoughts and the Batch

I attended the formation for the thirteen finalists of the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines - National Capital Region 2008 last Friday held at the PLDT Innotech Lab in Mandaluyong. I was not surprised that the organizers are all members of the TOSP Alumni Community, but I must admit that I was all at once impressed the way they planned and executed the NCR leg formation.
Allow me to just enumerate thoughts and events that I would like to share about the programme which lasted from 800AM til 800PM:
1. I had to fly to PLDT for I was informed that the programme would be starting at 700AM. I was the second to arrive. I had mini chitchat with UST's Jen, my first TOSP friend. :)
2. Karl Ramoso was present. It was nice being with a fellow Tamaraw leader in the crowd of the best student leaders in NCR. *winks*
3. I listed some of the best teambuilding activities we had in the formation. I'm sure I will be needing them in the future.
4. Just in time with the culmination of the day, we were inducted to the TOSP Alumni Community. The TOSP insignia was pinned to me by Kuya Jonathan de Quiroz, TOSP 2007, from Angeles University Foundation.
5. Ate Jen Fabros, FEU TOSP 2006, was one of the facilitators. :)
6. I had to share my dancing prowess [which I would opt to hide] with my batch during the creative presentation. It was all of Maj [Assumption] and Ralph's doing! [hehe]
7. Thanks for Kuya Paul for sharing us a ride up to Quezon Avenue.
It's three days before the interview and awarding ceremonies. Being in the pool of thirteen [13] good hearted and outstanding young people, it already brings me a certain feeling of joy. God bless us all. 0:)
____________________________
Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines
National Capital Region
Finalists

Jim Eduard P. Trinidad
University of Santo Tomas
Medicine and Health-Related Professions
BS Nursing

Benjo Almonte Delarmente
University of the Philippines – Manila
Medicine and Health-Related Professions
Doctor of Medicine

Warren Ramos Bacorro
University of Santo Tomas
Medicine and Health-Related Professions
Doctor of Medicine

Timothy James L. Yusun
Ateneo de Manila University
Agriculture, Science and Math
BS Mathematics

Jennifer W. Ang
University of Santo Tomas
Information Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Marine Transportation
BS Industrial Engineering

Norman Giovanni Guevarra
Technological Institute of the Philippines – Manila
Information Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Marine Transportation
BS Chemical Engineering

John Paul C. Uminga
Far Eastern University – Manila
Humanities, Communication and Social Sciences
AB English Language

Marie Eugenie Y. Dizon
Assumption College
Humanities, Communication and Social Sciences
BS Psychology

Clark Jefferson N. Cue
Ateneo de Manila University
Criminology and Law, Business, Economics, Industry and Entrepreneurship (Various)
BS Management Engineering and AB Economics - Honors

Karl William G. Ramoso
Far Eastern University - Manila
Business, Economics, Industry and Entrepreneurship (Accountancy only)
BS Accountancy

Rafael Vicente R. Calinisan
Ateneo de Manila University
Criminology and Law, Business, Economics, Industry and Entrepreneurship (Various)
Doctor of Jurisprudence

Richardson E. Navor
University of the East - Caloocan
Business, Economics, Industry and Entrepreneurship (Accountancy only)
BS Accountancy

Ian Kristoffer P. Zamora
Centro Escolar University
Criminology and Law, Business, Economics, Industry and Entrepreneurship (Various)
BS Business Administration, Major in Management

No comments: