Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Tams Made it to TOSP NCR

This afternoon, I had a meeting with Dr. Marcon Espino, the Student Leadership Coordinator of FEU, who is actually one of my personal mentors. Since it was the first time that we met after the TOSP NCR news broke out, I was warmly welcomed in his humble space at OSACS. If there were things that I admire about Dr. Marcon, that would be his unmatched labor & passion towards working with young people - that perhaps made him fit for the post.

As I was invited to sit, we bagan discussing TOSP-related concerns: formation schedule, dress code, awarding ceremonies, invited guests, among other things. Simply put: expectations coupled with words of encouragement. I must admit that being named one of the TOSP NCR finalists already brought me a sense of contentment, which in one way or another, unconsciously breaks into my system weaker impetus to meet people's expectation. I must realize that I should aim higher. I should aim higher. A famous adage resounds: believe and you're half there. Just like what I told Argi Goze [AB Mass Communication 2008], my successor in TAMVOL [who personally gained my admiration], who qualified for Bayer Young Envoy Luzon, let's give them a good fight. We will. Not for anybody else, but for those who believe in us, the Tamaraw Community.

Proud Tamaraws in Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines National Capital Region [TOSP NCR] 2008: Karl (Left) William Ramoso (IABF BS Accountancy) & (Right) John Paul Uminga (IAS AB English Language Studies)

Together with me in this year's TOSP NCR from FEU is Karl William Ramoso, Magna Cum Laude BS Accountancy graduate. Last year, we had Raymond Mazo from the Institute of Nursing.

May God Bless Us Both! :)

No comments: