Friday, May 23, 2008

Pre-TOSP Formation Train of Thoughts

Today, I will be meeting some of the best young leaders in the National Capital Region who qualified for the regional leg of the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines. I could not help but get excited inspiring me to write something about it even before leaving the flat.
I am excited to know how these young people as I am perform their role in building and re-building this nation, which have seemingly become more challenging and more pressing than any time in the Philippine history. I cannot wait to discover how these young people have responded to the challenges of the time and how they embody our National Hero's youth being the fairhope of the offing.
***
Just as I opened the homepage of my internet browser, Yahoo! shared in an article how thumbs up is being used in United States as a nonverbal gesture. While this may not be as universal as the peace sign, thumbs up, in America, according to the article, is gestured to implicate "good job" or "everything is right". [Read the entire article at: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080522/sc_livescience/fromkennedytoclintonwhyeveryoneisthumbsup]
To all TOSP NCR finalists [well, my future new circle of friends], THUMBS UP to all!
***
For now, I think I have to proceed in the bathroom for I don't want to be late in the formation. Be updating you all tonight. :)

No comments: