Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol 7 Signing Off

American Idol Season 7 officially ended with David Cook owning the title, after a heartwarming and seemingly surprising result. If it could not have been for the performance night the day before which became an unconscious declaration of Archie winning A.I., I would have thought that the season finale is a mismatch. Well, the winner has been named. Cheers to David Cook for taking in the the bitter pills from Paula, Randy and Simon, and being triumphant at the end. That's sure sweet victory! You deserve Simon Cowell's apology.

Meanwhile, I could not wait to grab my own copy of the Season 7 Album. Thanks to my housemates for sharing me with this craze. I was not an A.I. fan before though I love listening to Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks and Kelly Clarkson.
***
My top three Season 7 idols
1. David Archuleta
2. Syesha Mercado
3. David Cook

Yes, DA is still my number one idol. I am confident he will go far even without the title. I particularly like his rendition of Imagine, The Long & Winding Road, Think of Me, Another Day in Paradise, and Mary Did You Know.

Allow me to congratulate Ramiele Malubay, Filipino American in Florida, who made it in the Top 9 of the American Idol Season 7. She followed fellow Fil-Am Jasmin Trias' feat who was in the top three of Season 6. Kudos to these Pinoy prides! Speaking of Filipino pride, Reynaldo Lapuz performed during the Season Finale. I must admit that I was awed by his hilarious performance.

***

It's time to say goodbye to AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7. Let's all root now for GMA 7's version of PINOY IDOL. Tangkilikin ang sariling atin!

No comments: