Monday, June 9, 2008

Bidbook, Done! (Finally)

I have finally submitted my bidbook for the national search of the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines 2008 yesterday. I owe 'thanks' to people who helped me accomplished the task which took me almost one week: Alex, Darwin, RJ, & Marga for helping me in attaching the remaining photos the night before the "deadliest" deadline (quoting Kuya Prim, TOSP Secretariat).

***

BUSY TUESDAY. I slept at 400am and had to wake up by 800am. After preparing my breakfast, I resumed completing the final touches for my bidbook which, at that time, was yet to be bound and duplicated. After arranging the files & putting pages in the Achievement Profile section & supporting docs, I faced the computer to edit remaining three documents for printing. Feeling the need to release the pent-up panic, I had to text Kuya Prim of TOSP Secretariat to tell him Maj & I would be a bit late, for deadline was set at lunch. Alas, at 11am I left the flat! Deadline was extended.

I had to fly to Nicanor Reyes to have the original copy duplicated. Good thing I have a natural talent to mentally list tasks in order for me to save every single minute. While my papers were being photocopied, I rushed to print the remaining files & grabbed green special paper in MW. (of course, I paid *grins*). In less than an hour, I was already negotiating with the manong who would be bookbinding my college life. Yes, at the few moments I chanced browing my profile sheets, I actually have thought that I was looking back at the past four years of my life: the time spent in the University. With tears 'yan! As ever I was nostalgic. Badly I have been missing school.

The bookbinding cost me Php300 and since I would have to wait for an hour, I chose to stay at the Guidance Office. I had brief moments with Nicolai Custodio, who was actually the first ever champion of the English Language Circle (one of orgs) - sponsored Grammar Fest, with KD, one of the guidance counselors who is close to my heart, & Arcille, now a Student Council officer.


At 100pm, I was able to get the two heavy bidbooks which forced me to return the Labor Code book I just borrowed from KD. Upon knowing that Dr. Marcon, our student leadership coordinator, was not present, I proceeded to Boni McDonalds where I would be meeting Maji. I had my fast lunch before we hurried to RFM. Finally, they have it! =)

Maj & I decided to have our dinner in KFC Trinoma. That was such a day! Results will be out on Monday (*fingers crossed*). As we have always thought, this is no longer about us or our school, it's about the region. Pray for the best! :)

_________________________________________
THE SLIDESHOW Photos taken during the Ten Oustanding Students of the Philippines National Capital Region Formation, Interview & Awarding Ceremonies (Photo Courtesy: Maj Dizon, Rafael Calinisan, Mau Paz)

No comments: