Friday, June 6, 2008

Got my bronze alumni card!

I finally have my FEU Alumni Card just yesterday. It was a bonze card just suit for a fresh graduate. It did not take me more than an hour to process everything. I even chanced talking with Sir Rafael, a staff in the Alumni Affairs Office, and was immediately informed how the office works. Inquisitive as I am, I asked about the programs of the Office (the Office is different from the Foundation) & was impressed about how Mr. Marlo Valencia, the current head, worked. I was deeply saddened though giving no clear answer as to whether or not there is an existing Alumni Foundation for the Institute of Arts & Sciences, which I can more or less understand since ours can be considered a melting pot of fields: arts & sciences combined.

Certified Tamaraw: My Bronze Card
For the benefit of those who are yet to acquire their card, these are the easy steps to follow
1. Go to the FEU Affairs Office (AAO) located at the FEU Administration Building 2/F & request for an endorsement letter, which you shall be presenting in the Cashier's Office

2. Proceed immediately to any "paying points" in the University, and pay the price of the card of your desire: bronze discounted (Php250 for two years), silver (Php1,000 for two years) & gold (Php5,000 lifetime)

3. Upon paying, return to AAO. This time, you will be asked to sign a form, for alumni tracking/ database purposes. After signing, you will be given a blank card where your card shall be printed.

4. It is time to proceed to the ID Section located in the alleyway connecting Nicanor Reyes Hall (NRH) & the Science Building (SB), where you will have your photo taken and undergo the same process applied when applying for the Student ID.
5. After ten minutes or so, you are now a FULL-FLEDGED TAMARAW!

While we cannot swipe the card in the FEU electronic portal, we can visit the campus anytime without the hassle of lining up for the visitors' ID. Free access to our library is also granted aside from establishment discounts which I am yet to inquire about. So there! Get your card na, fellow Tamaraws! :][:

No comments: